Wordpress / PHP Developer - Perm UK Stockport
We want Simon Antony to be a great place to work, learn and build long-term relationships. As a Simon Antony person, you will determine the customers’ satisfaction and the Simon Antony culture. We are ambitious for our people, technology, customers and long-term success. We are very family focussed and you will apart of that growing family culture.
Due to continued expansion and a brand new service offering being presented to the market, Simon Antony are looking to recruit a PHP developer with extensive WordPress experience to help us drive the business forwards during the next phase of the companies’ lifecycle
Simon Antony are a Digital Agency offering standard off the shelf agency products i.e. website design, enhancements, SEO, Support and Maintenance etc. but with the added advantage that we are also Software Developers and IT Consultants covering a much wider range of skillsets traditionally offered in Digital Agencies.
We can cope with pretty much any size of project that the SME would be involved within.
We are now offering a Digital Marketing and website package aimed at the SME market, focussing upon key areas where this skillset is currently lacking with a view to helping those businesses develop further.
We also have a number of other business channels that we wish to develop upon and there is a lot of scope for a successful career for anyone appointed for this role.
Aim of role:
We are looking for a competent and experienced WordPress/PHP developer to join our friendly and hard-working web team.
You will be enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude; dedication and willingness to work hard, sometimes under high pressure is a pre-requisite.
What we really need is:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & de-facto standard plugins.
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing in built WordPress functions
- Creation of custom post types
- Creation of plugins / widgets written to conform with the WordPress coding standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code
- Theme Development / Template integration
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial
- Experience creating multi-lingual websites Advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of web accessibility
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Use of jQuery / AJAX / WPMUDEV / script.aculo.us / Cpanel / WHMCS a distinct advantage
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of why you are applying, what your salary expectations are and a bio about yourself with some examples and we will get back to you very quickly.